When an emergency occurs, every second counts which is why SimAirlec is tailored to simulate real-life emergencies. To achieve the same, SimAirlec has invested in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment.
The APOLLO® MANIKIN by CAE®Healthcare is a patient simulation device focused on re-producing a variety of human emergency situations. With its physiological modelisation, every drug or medical procedures will have an impact on vital signs. Numerous medical procedures and functions can thus be performed, such as:
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation
- Head tilt/chin lift & Jaw thrust
- Tongue swelling
- Bronchial occluder
- Needle & Surgical cricothyrotomy
- LMA and other supraglottic adjuncts
- Bilateral and unilateral chest rise and fall
- Spontaneous breathing
- Bronchial Occlusion
- Integrated SpO2 finger probe with simulated patient monitor
- Breath sounds over entire lungs
- Bilateral chest tube insertion, sensored, with fluid output
- Defibrillation and cardioversion using live defibrillators
- Pacing (use of hands-free pads)
- 12-lead dynamic ECG display
- ECG monitoring posts and interface with real ECG monitor
- Bilateral blood pressure measurement by auscultation and palpation
- Bilateral carotid, brachial, radial, femoral, popliteal, posterior tibia, dorsalis pedis pulses
- Bleeding and fluid drainage linked to physiology
- Nasogastric tube placement
- Bowel sounds
- Automatic responses intravenous and inhaled medications
Additives such as
IV / IO / IM
- Sites for IO / IV / IM injections
- Blinking and reactive pupils with multiple settings
Clients surroundings and equipment
Our simulation methods aim at putting our learners in the most realistic situations in order to make them capable of facing future emergency and stress situations.
Therefore, we use our state-of-the art equipment but also work with our client’s current own equipment in hospital and professional surroundings.
Reach out to the SimAirlec team to learn more about the APOLLO® MANIKIN by CAE®Healthcare and how it can benefit your hospital, aero-medical operation or home care staff.